Wednesday, August 08, 2007

On the other side

So, here I am, on the other side of the requirement to post on my blog, and what am I doing? Not so funny when you know human nature, or when I think about mine. Beatrice wrote that checking her blog became a daily ritual. I really like that.

Today's drama was about the weather and my practica. I hit a snag today regarding finishing the hours in the Fall. I know it will be settled, but between the heat and humidity, I found the end of my rope and sat staring at it for a bit.

Now it's a different moment. Both of my teens are sleeping on the couch, fans blowing (we are not air conditioned). I am grateful for this course's journey, and know that new rituals are in store for me, too.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Yes, it is somewhat of a habit to check our blogs, right? I left for Maine the day after our residency and haven't had the opportunity to check in since then.

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading your posts as well as the interesting pictures that you posted to your blog. Good luck in the fall. Also, best of luck to your daughter as she begins her new journey.

thealouise said...

Thanks Julie for sharing your great blogs...they always include some interesting tidbit. I hope you enjoy the last weeks on summer and good luck with everything in the Fall. I can't say that checking my blog has become a ritual for me...but checking my myspace has! LOL!

Katie said...

I'm glad you're still blogging, Julie.

I enjoyed your reflection, as well. While I attempted to create this assignment with the ARCS model in mind, I recognize that all assignments are artificial and that no student (or busy individual) would voluntarily blog on such a regular basis. It was my goal to have you experience blogging in a safe environment using topics that I thought you should know about as a SLMS in the 21st century.

Thank you for blogging!

~Katie~