Friday, August 03, 2007

It's time to take stock

I am sitting here at the computer. Well,where else would I be? And actually, while we are on the topic of time spent in front of a computer screen, imagine if there was a way to clock your hours? A pedometer for digital time. I'm sure there is such a thing, but do I really want to know how much time I've sat here, looking at the lighted screen, thinking, searching and creating? Maybe I do. Maybe it's not something to shy away from; I'll bet you agree that this summer has been like no other. I wonder what that means for the future?

As I get my projects in order for this weekend's lessons, one track of my mind is running underneath my conscious actions. I am starting to pull together all my disparate and seemingly unconnected skills, experiences, degrees, talents, etc. and it's rather incredible. Even last year at this time I could not have anticipated where I'd be right now. So often, too often, I am discouraged and overwhelmed. For whatever reason (and maybe it's the last article I just read "Librarians Defeat Nuns in Spelling Bee" that put me in this thoughtful and positive mood), I want to remember to take some time and start a tick list of achievements, just to see what turns up. You many want to do it too. See you tomorrow!

No comments: