Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's the Journey

One year later, I've completed my MLIS, served my last day at P.S. 160 and am now awaiting word from the principal at my new school to see when I can go in and start whipping the library into shape. Right now I am in transition --- moving from school days to summer days, moving from one school to another, taking care of pesty and painful physical complaints, and creating order out of chaos.

Where to start? Nowhere right now. It's time to make the change, not make a change. I'm looking around my house, seeing remnants of the past two years tucked into corners of rooms, spilling out of canvas bags leaning against bookshelves and walls. Soon it will be time to empty those bags and chose between save, share or recycle. It's that easy.

The order lurks under everything, soon it will shine.

No comments: